Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
Sugar waxing is likely one of the few makes use of for white sugar I can get behind. (Sugar scrubs are available at an in depth second!) Right here’s the right way to make your individual pure DIY sugar wax and use it for clean, radiant pores and skin.
What Is Sugaring?
Sugaring, or sugar waxing, is the method of making use of heat, melted sugar to the pores and skin, then rapidly eradicating it and taking physique hair with it. It’s totally different than sizzling wax, which makes use of precise wax. Sugaring is taken into account simpler and safer to do at residence than different waxing strategies. It does require the hair to be a minimum of one-quarter inch lengthy to work, however that’s not so onerous to perform with somewhat negligence.
You may safely use sugar wax on most areas of pores and skin, together with the legs, arms, underarms, face, and bikini line. Like with different waxing and hair elimination strategies although, by no means apply it to broken pores and skin.
The Advantages of Sugar Wax
For those who’re going to take away physique hair, sugaring may be an effective way to do it. As I discussed earlier than, it’s extra user-friendly than sizzling waxing with precise wax. Sugaring additionally lasts longer than shaving (as much as 6 weeks!) and isn’t as prone to trigger pores and skin irritation. It doesn’t take a whole lot of time, particularly when you get the grasp of it, and you’ll have clean pores and skin for weeks on finish.
Sugaring additionally helps exfoliate by eradicating lifeless pores and skin cells, leaving clean, glowing pores and skin behind. In contrast to waxing, which removes hair towards the grain of the hair follicle, sugaring goes with the pure route of the hair. This helps scale back ache, irritation, hair breakage, and ingrown hairs. Over time, hair might grow to be finer and thinner.
A Be aware of Warning
Sugar waxing isn’t for everybody and there are some precautions. In fact, make certain that the melted sugar isn’t too sizzling earlier than making use of. A sticky sugar burn is the very last thing we wish! Additionally, individuals with sure pores and skin situations, like eczema, or taking sure medicines shouldn’t do sugaring.
Some meds, like sure antibiotics, could make the pores and skin a lot thinner than common, making it susceptible to ripping. For those who’re uncertain you possibly can all the time do a patch check or seek the advice of your doctor first.
Sugar Wax Pores and skin
Step one is to purchase or make your individual sugar wax (see recipe under). As soon as that’s taken care of, it’s time to get began. You’ll need to prep the pores and skin space that you simply need to wax. This is a vital first step as a result of with out it we danger pores and skin irritation and/or the sugaring might not take away the hair.
Prep the Pores and skin for Sugar Waxing
You need to make certain the pores and skin is totally clear and dry. If there are lifeless pores and skin cells and particles then the sugar will simply persist with that and not likely pull out the hair. You may dry brush or exfoliate the day earlier than to verify there’s nothing in the best way. Exfoliating proper earlier than sugaring might trigger pores and skin irritation.
As soon as the pores and skin is all clear you possibly can apply a skinny layer of non-GMO cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Remember to brush off any additional. This helps do away with any extra moisture or oil.
So to recap:
- Exfoliate the day earlier than (non-obligatory).
- Wash and dry the pores and skin.
- Apply a skinny layer of powder.
Sugar Waxing Methodology
- As soon as your pores and skin is prepared, use a flat wood stick (like a fats popsicle stick), or your fingers to unfold a skinny layer of the nice and cozy sugar in the other way of the best way the hair is rising. The sugar ought to be a thicky syrupy consistency, just like uncooked honey. Don’t unfold the layer too thick or it might not take away the hair.
- If utilizing your fingers, roll the sugar right into a ball between your thumb and fingertips, then press and unfold it into the pores and skin. Spend a bit urgent and “molding” the sugar wax into the pores and skin so it actually adheres to the hair.
- Pull the pores and skin above the sugared space taught with one hand, then use the opposite to rapidly flick the sugar down in the identical route the hair is rising. You’re going to drag it in the other way of the best way you utilized it.
- If there’s somewhat little bit of stinging (there normally is the primary time), then apply strain to the realm together with your hand after waxing to assist relieve the discomfort.
- Unfold one other layer of sugar in a brand new space and repeat the method till you’ve sugared wherever you need to.
- Afterward, apply lotion or oil to moisturize the pores and skin. It’s also possible to put some aloe vera gel on earlier than making use of the lotion for additional pores and skin soothing.
Sugar wax is water-soluble, so it’s simpler than some strategies to scrub up. All you want is a few heat water afterward and also you’re accomplished.
I sat within the toilet with my leg propped up on the bath whereas I did my legs, however you might simply do that within the bed room, or wherever you’re feeling comfy. The mess stays pretty contained and doesn’t require being within the bathe to do it.
DIY Sugar Wax Recipe
This straightforward recipe solely calls for 3 components and is an effective way to get smoother, exfoliated legs.
Yield: 4 ounces
Mix the components over medium-high warmth, stirring continually. Proceed to warmth and stir till the combination has simmered for about 4 minutes and has simply began to show a golden coloration.
Instantly take away from the warmth (don’t simply flip off the burner) and pour it right into a glass mason jar that’s been flippantly oiled. The oil prevents the sugar wax from sticking like glue to the jar.
As soon as it’s cooled down, however nonetheless heat, about half-hour, it’s prepared to make use of.
Take a golf ball measurement piece of sugar (or somewhat smaller) and roll it between your fingertips to knead it. Use to sugar your legs, arms, or different areas of pores and skin as desired.
By no means sugar wax pores and skin that’s minimize, bruised, irritated, or in any other case broken.
Have you ever ever waxed earlier than? Are you up for making an attempt it? Depart us a remark and tell us!